One day, modified double elimination. For example, with 32 players, we play down to four on each side, then the four players from the one-loss side redraw into an 8-player single elimination board. If you make the board, you are in the money.
Race: 7 on the winners side & 5 on one-loss side.
Mandatory players meeting at 11:00. Play starts immediately after. The draw is done by computer. If you come with another player, we will make every effort to ensure that you do not play each other in the first round.
ENTRY FEES – Paid in advance (add $10 for registration paid on-site)
Top Pro-level: $75 *
Non Member: $60
TFT Members: $45
First-time players: $30 **
(All entry fees include a $5 admin. fee)
* “Top Pro” = Current top 10; Top 3 in WPBA or similar event from 2009 to present; Consecutive top 10 for 2 years in a row 2009 to present; WPBA Hall of Famers. .
** New players can play one event without joining the TFT by referral from TFT Member. If you only played in one event in 2021, you can play your first event at this rate. Players of known skill level or who have cashed in prior events are not eligible for this rate.
BRING A FRIEND RATE: for TFT members only: Bring a friend, get $20 off. Bring two, play for free!
Annual TFT Membership: $40
Reasons to join the TFT!
- Earn points towards end of year rankings
- Member gifts at the Kick off event and Cues for the Cure
- Members who attend every event receive paid membership for the following year ($40 value)
- $15 off the non-member entry fee of $60
- TFT Members can take advantage of the “Bring a Friend” rate: Bring one new player, play for $25; bring two, play for free.
- And more!
FT Members earn points for each event based on where you finish. Points accumulate during the year. Players with the most points at the end of the year are eligible for cash/awards.
Players are expected to dress appropriately. While we realize that it is very hot in the summer months and pool rooms often have A/C problems in the summer, we still have to be mindful of the dress code.
Generally, please do not wear tops or other clothing that are revealing when you bend over to shoot at the table. Shorts must be close to knee-length. All tops must have sleeves and not show cleavage or midriff when bending over the table. Tops /T-shirts with text or logos must be in good taste. If you have a sponsor we encourage you to wear your sponsor’s logo.
CLOTHING NOT WITHIN DRESS CODE
- Sleeveless tops, tank tops, and tops with spaghetti straps are not permitted unless covered by a second top. For example, a sheer top with short sleeves over a top with spaghetti straps is permissible.
- Crop tops
- Jeans with holes, stains, etc.
- Rubber beach-type flip-flops.
- Head phones/ cell phones/ smoking /vaping not permitted during a match.
Just use common sense, and if in doubt, bring a second set of clothes.
We attempt to stream every event.